Monday, July 30, 2012

Ephesians 2:11-22 (Part 1)

I. Being apart from Christ results in alienation.
-Gen. 12:3, Ex 12:48
a. They were without Christ.
b. They were outside of God's community.
-excluded = apallotrioo = to estranged, to alienate, separate from
c. They had no relation to the covenant promises.
d. They had no hope.
-Theogenes "I will try to have a good time while I'm young, because I will lie under the earth for a long time - voiceless as a stone, and I shall leave the sunlight that I loved...then I shall see no more. Have a good time, my soul, while young; soon others will take my place and I shall be black earth in death. No mortal is happy under the sun."
-Acts 24:15, 26:6-8, 28:20
e. They were without God.

II. Being in Christ results in unity.
-Ex. 12:48, Lev. 19:34

No comments:

Post a Comment