Monday, February 22, 2010

Compassionate Passion - Dave T.

My wife, Jeannie, was asked by a friend how she viewed salvation and the redemptive work of Jesus. This was her answer:

“Having recently adopted children has highlighted many things about salvation for me. One of the things I got teary eyed this morning about was how compassionately passionate I feel about my new children and the depth of LOVE Christ has for me His adopted daughter. I have this deep compassion for their prior lives and the sad circumstances they endured and I feel it makes my love for them even more intense. This must be the way it is for our Lord with us....HE knows our old life and circumstances and sin and knows how weak we are and grieved for our condition and CHOSE to POUR OUT Himself on our behalf because HE LOVED US that much!

What we know, and even what we don’t know, about our children’s backgrounds seems to make our love more intense. It is as though we are trying to make up for lost time.”


The compassionate passion of Jesus is what led him to the cross, for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment